Thursday, April 28, 2011

Y is for Youth

Youth.

Are we talking about our own days gone by? Or are we talking about the younger generation? They are equally important.

Do you remember when we were younger? Nothing could stand in our way. We were invinsible. We were reckless and impulsive. The future would happen later.

Fast forward 30 years. We let everything stand in our way from money, health and time. We sadly recognize our own mortality. We think and plan till we take the fun out of everything. Our future is here and now. Why do so many of us give up our youth because we aren't 20 anymore?

I hear so many people say, I'm too old for that or that is for the younger generation. Why? I am a firm believer that age is a number, not a state of mind. I am fast approaching 50. Am I dreading it? Heck no...it beats the alternative! Do I want to relive my youth? Absolutely not. But I don't want my mind to grow old. Sure activities and interests change over the course of one's life. But why not have a passion for what ever you enjoy. You did 30 years ago!

Here is my challenge to everyone out there in the blog-o-sphere. Do something you enjoyed when you were younger. It doesn't matter what. It could be dancing, swinging at the park, playing hoops, reading,... It can be something as simple as skipping down the sidewalk. Just do it! You will be amazed at the transformation in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!