Wednesday, April 6, 2011

E is for Expectations

Today my post might be a little down. I think of expectations. What is too much too expect? And if we let our expectations waiver, are we being true to ourselves?

These are the hard questions facing me today. I look back on my life and wonder, have I had higher than average expectations on those closest to me? Have I full filled expectations that others have had on me? Or that I have placed on myself. Maybe. Maybe not. But these are good questions to ponder.

I am sorry this is a short post. But this calls for some serious reflection. And honestly, I don't know these answers. At one time I did. I am not so sure anymore. I'll let you know when I do.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Monica,

    Nice post , I would say ..expectation is root cause of our state of happiness or sadness ..its totally our call ..expectation from the people around and near us depends totally on how we feel about them ..irrespective of anything else..so our 1st about the person holds the key..So I would say we must expect the unexpected sometime ..to be on the balance side.

    Life is so diverse and we are running short of time ..so we have to make choices which give dividends sometime sometime its other way around.

    But we must keep walking...that life for yuo isn't it above all expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have high expectations of my kids, but I have always been a firm believer that if you set low expectations then that is all they strive for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expectations. That word defines my life. I'm a pastor's wife, we live in a metaphorical fishbowl. Everyone has their own individual expectations of their pastor, his wife, and their children. I spend a lot of my time saying to myself, "I don't care what so-and-so thinks I should be doing." But in reality I care too much.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!