Monday, April 11, 2011

G is for Grandkids

"If I had known grandchildren were so much fun, I would have had them first"

Who ever wrote that wasn't kidding. It is so true. So G is for Grandkids. I have 6 wonderful grandkids and shhh I found out this weekend another is on the way! Right now there are 3 girls and 3 boys. The new one is the tie breaker.

My oldest grandson, Malachi will be 6. My oldest son and his mommy have gone their separate ways and mommy married another. They have a son, Elijah, who will be 3. (They are also the family harboring the tie breaker!) As it happens, blood or not, I consider them family and Elijah my grandson. There is such a joy in watching the 2 of these boys together. Malachi is a bundle of raw energy. (Just like his dad.)Elijah is quiet and reserved. They exhaust me, but I couldn't be happier.I wish I saw them more often.


My middle boy has 2 kids, Ethan who is almost 5 and Ireland who is 3. They are Grandma's toe heads. I am able to see them more often, but they live 2 hours away so it's not as often as I would like. Ethan is my budding photographer. And Grandma's little sidekick. He loves to do anything. Ireland is a precosious young lady. She is 3 going on 30 and the most stubborn little girl I know. She has my grandmother's piercing blue eyes. Nothing warms the heart more than opening the door and hearing in exhuberant unison, "GRANDMA!" when we visit each other.


My youngest son was blessed with 2 girls. Alexis will be 4 and Zooey is 7 months old. I am 'Mawka' to them. Mawka was what we called my great grandmother when she was alive. Being called this makes me so proud. I like carrying on this old tradition to a generation who never knew her. I get to spend lots of time with the girls, they only live a mile from me. Alexis has the advantage of doing lots of cooking and crafts with Mawka. And the subject of lots of blog pictures. Zooey is developing her personality. But that warm heart thing happens when she smiles at me. She always has a smile for Mawka.


My grand kids keep me young. I love hanging out with them. Right now I am planning birthday parties...Tangled, Ghost Busters, and Indiana Jones. They definately aren't boring kids!

5 comments:

  1. All of your grandchildren are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sooo cute!

    I'm following.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're so cute! The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren is really special to me. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's just something about the relationship between a grandparent and grandchild that is just so awesome. I remember the strong bond I had with my grandmother. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

    It's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!