Saturday, April 16, 2011

N is for New York City

The Big Apple! The City That Never Sleeps! New York City!



I had the pleasure of visiting New York City in 2005 with a middle school tour group. It was the best vacation of my life! I love Disneyland and all of the traditional family vacation spots, but this was the first time I had ever been on the east coast. It was my opportunity to fulfill some of my adult dreams.

The trip was 1 week and we were only in NYC for 2 days. We left Portland at midnight and arrived in NYC mid morning. And we didn't stop. We took a bus trip and saw the sites of the city. We spent the afternoon in Central Park. That night we went to see Wicked on Broadway. WOW! I have always dreamed of going to a broadway show. And this was an incredible show. The evening ended with a group photo in Time Square!


The next day, we did it all. We hit the subway, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, Ground Zero, 5th Avenue, and the Empire State Building. We put so much into those 2 days. My dream is to go back and spend a little more time in New York City.

What a city!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun
    Hi Im a new follower from the uk
    pop over and visit anytime
    http://jollyjillys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot to do in 2 days! Looks like you had a great time though.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!