Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God Gave Us the World Book Review


I received the book, God Gave Us the World, free for review from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group. The book is from Lisa Tawn Bergren She writes of a polar bear cub who is learning that God has created everything. The mama bear shows her cub that God has created all living things with a purpose. The cub learns a valuable lesson on creation and diversity.

The art by Laura J. Bryant is wonderfully entertaining. The art work depicts the story beautifully and in a way that draws the child into the story.

I would reccommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading to a child. The story of creation is told in a thoughful manner and to the point of children wanting to ask questions, but questions that we as their elders feel confident in answering.

I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series as I am sure so will my grandchildren.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me to follow your blog, very nice!

    I am going to have to get this book to read to my grand daughter, thank you for sharing look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book!

    Thanks so much for joining us for Friendly Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about this book. Glad you stopped by Friendly Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really great book, thanks for sharing! Stopping by, following your blog now too :) Thanks for stopping by my blog !!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!