Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Harry Potter Exhibit


I had the opportunity to go to Harry Potter The Exhibition. All I can say is WOW!
Of course everyone knows that the series of books was written by J.K. Rowling. Enough pros and cons have been written about the boy wizard and 'he-who-shall-not-be-named'. This is about The Exhibition!
I thought it was going to be your typical mouse maze, follow the leader, see the pretty things in a box, show. I was pleasantly surprised. As soon as we entered the exhibit, we were greeted by a Hogwart's wizard who proceeded to verify our house of choice by the sorting hat. The doors then opened and we were on Platform 9 3/4, waiting to board the Hogwart's Express.
The exhibition was far more fascinating than I had imagined, now mind you, I am a huge fan. The movie props were in fact those used by the movie franchise. All costumes were actually used in the films, by the actors we saw on the big screen. We saw the dormitory of Harry and Ronald, complete with their robes,trunks, and school supplies. The costumes and supplies of many of the students, teachers, visitors, heroes, and villains were on display in such a way that when you saw the scene, you were wrapped up in all of the emotions you felt the first time you saw it on the big screen.
Because these were authentic props, there was a strict no touching and no photography of any kind policy. But I was able to toss a Quidditch Quaffle, pull a Mandrake out of the ground, and take a rest in an over sized chair at Hagrid's hut.
And what exhibit would be complete, without the souvenir cha-ching. And of course it got me as well. I was able to limit myself on a couple of books, a magnet, and a pin to add to my collections. But what fun it would have been to bring home that special wand and magically conger up the world of Harry Potter in my living room.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post.. I would love to go if they allowed you to photograph it. Started Following you today.
    Jim
    jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!