Thursday, February 17, 2011

God Gave Us So Much Book Review



I received the book, God Gave Us So Much, free for review from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group. The book is from Lisa Tawn Bergren. This book is actually a limited-edition three-book treasury. The three stories included are God Gave Us The World (which I have previously reviewed), God Gave Us Love, and God Gave Us Heaven. Lisa again uses a polar bear family as the center of her stories.

Once again, the illustrations are by Laura J. Bryant. Her artistic recreation of the stories are bright and colorful. Young children find the pictures entertaining.

The second story, God Gave Us Love, the story is told by the grandpa bear. He shows the polar cub how big God's love is. It touches on the different types of love, and how they are all important. I was amused at how the love between a mama and papa was portrayed. Exactly the way child would perceive their parents' love. But ultimately, how big God's love is.

The third story, God Gave Us Heaven, the papa is teaching the polar cub the lesson. This story was a little more difficult for me to read because of my sister's recent death. But the reaction of my grand daughter when I explained why I had tears, "it's ok...you will see her again" made me realize that kids get what Lisa is saying. The story touches on death, heaven, and eternity without putting a fear in children.

There are 3 more stories in the series. I give this book 5 stars. I would encourage you to pick at least one of Lisa Tawn Bergren's books to read to your child.
Please be sure to rank my review below. Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for following teachable moments! I'm following back and enjoyed your book review.

    http://jayme-teachablemoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Following you back! I have a couple books I need to read and review! I need to get on it! Thanks for your review of this one.
    Michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. following back from www.cobbledstone.blogspot.com, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for stopping by One Busy Chick! I love your blog and I look forward to reading more of what you have posted. Thanks again, blogger friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your logo is adorable. It's very nicely done with a lot of meaning. Following you back.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!