Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weekend Recovery

I had the busiest weekend imaginable! I had 5 of my 6 grandchildren staying with me. They range from 5 months to 5 years in age.

Can we say CHAOS!!!!

Not really. I love spending time with the little critters. I am just not as young as I use to be. We made valentine cards, decorated cupcakes, played soccer, watched a movie, decorated a valentine choo-choo train (edible of course), read lots of books, took lots of pictures, and somehow managed to get in 3 decent meals a day.

I found a great deal a week ago. Gingerbread train kits that sold for $10.00 at Christmas time, were reduced to 99 cents. So I picked one up for the kids to decorate as a valentine train. The kids don't care what holiday it is supposed to be for...all that matters is that they get to make a mess decorating something . And the magic perk...they get to EAT it!

The finished project!


Malachi and Ethan eating as much as they decorate!



Ireland and Elijah hard at work!



Little ZoZo just waits for her next feeding with lots of smiles for Mawka!

All in all, the weekend wasn't so bad unless you consider lack of sleep a problem, the noise decibel of a freight train irritating, or the constant demands for a drink of water or a drink of milk a problem. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! The privilege of being such a big part in these little lives brings so much more joy than the few inconveniences.


I look back on my family growing up, and realize that there was so much love and enjoyment that my own parents could have received in their own lives if they had given of themselves to their grandchildren. Nothing beats hearing the excited scream when you open the door, "GRANDMA!" or "MAWKA!"

And when all is said and done...there shall be peace!

5 comments:

  1. the last pic says it all, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a better person then me lol That would be a LONG weekend but fun. I also love the last picture. Really tells the story. Were you sleeping in the front seat lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am stopping by from the Mid Week Mingle and am your newest follower. You can find us over at The Mommy Chronicles

    I love the pics of all the kids sleeping in the car. It is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica I love your blog. I am a mother too,though I still have sometime to become a grand mom but I know what you mean. You have adorable grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend!
    I'm following from the
    blog hop. I'd love a follow
    back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Mika

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!