Saturday, March 19, 2011

Meeting New Family

I had the wonderful experience of meeting new family members. Doug and Patty are my 2nd cousins. Their father was my maternal Grandmother's brother.


Doug, myself, and Patty

Meeting them and learning about more of the family from them has renewed my search in this family line. I have been helping put together a reunion on my maternal Grandfather's side of the family. I still have more info to find on Grandma's side of the family.

Posing with Doug and Patty's family.

Researching family history is such a rewarding experience. I grew up most of my life not knowing any extended family. I wish that I had started this process many years ago. It would have been so much easier to get facts from the people who lived the stories. I use ancestry.com for my research. At this point, I have over 850 people on my family tree. I recommend that everyone take an interest in their personal family tree. It is amazing what you can learn about your family.

L to R Grandma, Mawka, Grandpa Doc, Uncle Bob

Front Uncle Del, Aunt Jean


4 comments:

  1. Hi Monica

    It was a nice read, I m glad you took time in researching in finding family roots.
    mine too is a very big family
    It will be about 50 ppl at present if I look back in totality it will come as 120 plus.

    thanks a lot for the insight.

    take care.
    keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great family and not everyone is blessed with that.Family is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. My extended family is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cool! I wish I knew more about my dad's dad's family. I'm pretty sure I have a ton of 2nd and 3rd cousins somewhere in the northeast part of the US but not sure how we're all related.

    thanks so much for visiting and following from Thursdays Friends Cafe. I'm following back. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping and leaving me a hello!